- You must be 18 years of age to enroll
- You must have a copy of your High School Diploma, GED Certificate, or Ability to Benefit Test
- You must have the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare provider card at the start of class (We certify you on Day 1 of class.).
- You must have and bring a copy of your Hepatitis B Vaccination
- You must have and bring a copy of your Tuberculosis Skin Test (must be within the past 6 months)
At course completion with over 160 hours of Didactic and Skills Training + Clinical Ride-Along Time at local hospitals and EMS agencies, students will be able to:
- Utilize therapeutic communication to care for culturally, and developmentally diverse patients.
- Apply basic anatomy and physiology knowledge to assess and prioritize patient treatment to
- Identify life-threatening situations and demonstrate BLS skills.
- Maintain professionalism and recognize moral and ethical dilemmas.
- Utilize critical thinking to prioritize a medical or trauma patient, complete an appropriate
assessment, and develop a plan of action.
- Recognize, execute, and manage patients with appropriate medications according to their scope
of practice in accordance with local and state protocols.